web page hit counter

Friday, May 05, 2006

A collection of my quotes

People are always asking me for a summary of all of the famous quotes I've made in my long career. Last night, I got Mandy, my secretary, to compile them all into a list. So here they are:

"In 200 years you might be married to a machine"
-Guest speaker at PCITD, Moscow, 4th August 2005


"In a decade, your vacuum cleaner may call you at work to remind you to pick up a vacuum cleaner bag on the way home"
-The Uxbridge Union, 4th August 2005


"Your home is a building. It is also a machine of which you are an integral part. How well do you integrate with it?"
-The Better Home Exhibition, London 31 April 2003


"I confidently predict that we'll be able to download the human brain within 5 years"
-Compotrex 1985


"512Kbits? You can only get real work done when you have a terabit link directly into your brain!"
-ConnComCon. Connecticut, 3rd December 2002.


"Ask yourself... Are you driving the computer or is the computer driving you?"
-CanComCon, Toronto, 4th December 2002.


"I confidently predict that we'll be able to download the human brain within 10 years"
-Compotrex 1990


"Umm, I'm afraid I don't have much change. Will this twenty be ok?"
-Tesco Supermarket, Cambridge 4th February 1998


"I confidently predict that we'll be able to download with the human brain within 15 years"
-Compotrex 2000


"Data is like sea water, it's plentiful. Information, however, is like the arse of a bee"
-London, 3rd July 2003


"Whaaa.. GNnnnn... No! Mummy! No!"
-Mumbled in sleep, 2nd January 2006


"I confidently predict we'll be able to download the brain of a bee within 5 years."
-Compotrex 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home