web page hit counter

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Whirlwind of Technology

I am looking forward to the new range of cyclone vacuum cleaners which, when faulty, will communicate with the companies support line, provide diagnostic information, and order it's own spare parts.

Finally, reality is catching up with my predictions. Now it is only a matter of time before my fridge can order fresh milk from the supermarket, my car can book it's own service and my washing machine can call the plumber itself following a leak.
I'm a keen connoisseur of home automation. Soon, my house will turn the lights on when I come in at night, open and close it's own curtains, activate the garage door when I leave and return, and I'll be able to can call it from my mobile to turn the heating on before I come home. My personal favourite will be a device that toasts my bread, and automatically sprays melted butter onto the slices.

Having my appliances look after themselves is simply the next logical step. I've far more important things to do with my life, than open curtains, repair cleaning equipment and book car services. Some people have their wives do this, I prefer for the items look after themselves.

I hope to be trialing the new cleaning products, and can only hope it breaks down shortly after delivery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home